1. Pour ground coffee up to 1/3 to 1/2 of the cup.
2. For a strong brew, press down firmly with the tool that has a flat surface and a handle.
3. Place the phin on top of your coffee mug.
4. Pour a little bit of hot water and wait around 2 minutes for the grounds to absorb the water.
5. Once absorbed, fill to the brim with hot water.
6. Wait for the coffee to drip in your cup.
7. Once there is no more water in the phin, refill with hot water again for a second time.
8. Mix the coffee in your cup.
9. Add more hot water, milk and sugar to taste.